Thread: Hornets to have games broadcast on WWL radio

Hornets to have games broadcast on WWL radio

The Irish Channel

eww....John Deshazier.....I can't even read his articles, he is so bad and clueless about the NBA....

Loving how much Hornets coverage is gonna explode this year.

But what happens to the V man?

So should we expect Benson to purchase WWL in the near future next? Man is really leaving his mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    So should we expect Benson to purchase WWL in the near future next? Man is really leaving his mark.
    Why buy them, he defacto controls their content.
    Who said what?

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post

okay honestly this is an excellent move. WWL radio can be reached in Bama, and Georgia, and Houston on the radio dial. Much stronger signal=stronger presence.

Quote Originally Posted by groundpatty View Post
    Loving how much Hornets coverage is gonna explode this year.

But what happens to the V man?
    Gerry, Bob and Gil are no longer with the Hornets. I would assume that Fox Sports net will hire the TV broadcasters.

I don't know too much about the situation but I can promise you this, V will be back on the New Orleans sports media scene soon.
    "Hornets means nothing"

Ah, so the team doesn't dictate the television broadcast team?

UP, they may have been dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Ah, so the team doesn't dictate the television broadcast team?
    I thought they did. It could be a situation where Fox and the team decided it was best to remove them. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by all2neat View Post
    UP, they may have been dismissed.
    Definitely a possibility. It's just that Coullion's suggestion that Fox will hire their own people led me to think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcAngels78 View Post
    I thought they did. It could be a situation where Fox and the team decided it was best to remove them. Who knows.
    Also a possibility.

If my memory serves me correct FOX had Jennifer Hale working the sideline for a couple of Saints games last season. I would not mind to see J.Hale as a on court reporter for Hornets games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee57 View Post
    If my memory serves me correct FOX had Jennifer Hale working the sideline for a couple of Saints games last season. I would not mind to see J.Hale as a on court reporter for Hornets games.
    Mike Detillier wrote a nice article on her a couple weeks ago. She does big games for Fox every weekend. I'd be surprised if she's moved to a sideline reporter role for an NBA team given that.
    #37 BB&G

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

This is yet another god thing. Now fans will be able to find the hornets on the radio.
    nykf hornet & Clown Murder Bird fan

Jennifer Hale's star is rising. Matter of time before she moves onto bigger things.

It's unfortunate that the New Orleans sports radio scene has been relegated to a news radio station for so long. But it is what it is. I'm wondering if WWL would now hire Gerry V? It seems natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee57 View Post
    Good call.

Joel Meyers and David Wesley as the commentators with hale as sideline reporter. I like having an ex hornet player in that role.

Personally, I think they could have done better with the color commentary, but a lot of ex-players are color guys in the NBA. I wouldn't expect a CLT love fest from Wesley either. I am sure that he will know that any CLT/YHT lovefest will cost him his job with Benson. I also suspect that Wesley is more professional than that. Meyers is an excellent play-by-play guy.

Thread Information